Are you an experienced parent or carer?
Do you want to support parents and carers in their parenting journey?
Do you love meeting new people?
Do you want some free training?
If you answer yes to these questions we would love to offer you the opportunity for some free training to equip you to be a volunteer Parentalk facilitator.
Parentalk is a 6 week DVD and discussion based course which we deliver in schools and community venues in Ipswich. We deliver both a course suitable for the primary years and teenage years.
This brief training course will enable you to
- understand the course material
- understand how to facilitate discussion with a small group of parents
- build your confidence at facilitating and leading a group or course
What we need from you-
- A commitment to the short training session which will be available in an evening or half day Saturday
- Willingness to complete an application form
- Provision of the details of two suitable referrers
- An understanding that a enhanced DBS check will be completed
- To be available during school hours for 6 x 3 hour sessions in order to run, with another facilitator, at least one parenting course over the next 12 months in person
- To be available for occasional update sessions to provide support and further training
If you are interested in finding out more than please ring 0300 772 7715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org