Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptised by one Spirit so as to form one body – whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free – and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. And so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
We believe that we are called to work together with churches and other Christians in our communities to show God’s love and light and support the families of Ipswich.
In order to see this vision thrive we want local churches to partner with us.
What do we need from the local church?
- A named point of contact who will take a lead on advocating our services, sharing newsletters etc.
- A commitment to praying for Family First
- A willingness to support families identified within your community as needing help. This could be in a variety of ways: practical help, pastoral support, welcoming and supporting attendance at social gatherings and, where relevant, inviting to church
- Potential referrals to our service
- Potential volunteers from within the church family
What can Family First give to the local church ?
- A source of support for families within your existing church family through our mentoring service or through accessing a Care For the Family Parentalk course
- The opportunity to get to know new families who don’t currently access your church and show them God’s love and mercy
- A range of volunteering opportunities including: family mentoring, fundraising, facilitating Parentalk courses
- The Bridge – Bridge Church Ipswich: Belong Believe Become
- Safe Harbour Church – Lightwave
- St Mary and St Botolph – Whitton: Family Village Inclusive Church serving Whitton, Castle Hill, The Dales, Thurleston and Akenham | The Parish of Whitton Church (whittonparish.co.uk)
- Hope Church Ipswich – Hope Church Ipswich (hopeipswich.co.uk)
- Rushmere Community Church – Home | RCC Ipswich
- Whitehouse Baptist Church – Whitehouse Baptist Church – Ipswich Baptist Church
- Colchester Road Baptist Church – Contact: Colchester Road Baptist Church (crbc.org.uk)
- Whitton Baptist – Whitton Baptist Church: Ipswich
- St Augustines – Welcome to St Augustine’s Ipswich | St Augustine’s Ipswich (staugustinesipswich.org.uk)
Watch Karen, Family Coordinator, explain to Phil Stollery from Network Suffolk, how the local church can work with us to support families in Ipswich.
Watch James Edgell, Pastor of Rushmere Community Church, how as a church leader he sees church partnership working.
If you are a church leader or a member of a local church and are interested in finding out more about the church partnership model please contact Service Lead, Sarah Stapleton at email@example.com